Disk drive replacement for ABB industrial robots
Have you ever had problems with unreadable floppy disks in robot systems? Lost program disks? Boot disks nobody can find? Swerob has developed a product to solve floppy disk problems; Disk Drive Replacement (DDR). An entirely new, faster generation of DDR replaces all old floppy disk units in ABB robot systems (S2, S3, S4, S4C and S4C+ with DSQC540 computer).
Re-launching the DDR
To celebrate the new DDR generation, we also offer a brand new PC software, along with a very low purchase cost. The DDR now comes at a price of 470EUR (excl. VAT).
- Program, backups, parameters and boot disks are stored on a single SD card and operate according to the same principle as a hard drive for the robot system. It is a major benefit having a boot pack that is always available.
- Backup and restore of the entire SD card to a PC or network. This was never possible before in S2 or S3 systems with old drives
- File management and editing of programs in S4, S4C and S4C+ (with DSQC540 computer) can be executed as usual in a PC using "DDR PC Software 2"
- Possibility of using the old floppy disk unit in parallel with DDR in S3, thanks to a special switch cable. This makes it easy when transferring programs and parameters
- Environmental endurance and safe storage of data in a CE-marked product
- Installation in just a few minutes
- Very low purchase price
DDR PC Software 2
The "DDR PC Software 2" is used, among other things, for:
- Backup and restore of SD cards for S2, S3, S4, S4C, S4C+
- Program editing and file transfers for S4, S4C, S4C+ (w. DSQC540)
- Copying of entire boot disk packs to the SD card
- Printing of SD card contents
- Creating disk lists
Version 2.5 (updated July 15th 2014)
"DDR PC Software 2" supports WinXP, Win7 and Win8. Please read the releasenotes prior to installation!
Want to know more?
Contact us by filling in the form or call +46 16 251 21 - any time, any day!